The Lantern Festival ("Mid-autumn Festival") falls on the 8th Lunar Month, which runs from 30 Aug 2011 to 25 Sep 2011.
Here are the highlights for Singapore Lantern Festival 2011...
1. Lantern Festival Events in Chinatown
* Chinatown Lantern Festival Street Light Up
o Huge lanterns and fairy lights brightened up Eu Tong Sen Street, New Bridge Road and the
street bazaars along the side streets.
o From Sat, 30 Aug 2011 to 25 Sep 2011.
o From 7pm till late nightly.
o Lantern Festival Opening Night.The festival will be launched on the evening (7pm-10pm) of
Tuesday, 30 Aug 2011 near Chinatown MRT - with a flurry of energetic activities. Enjoy the
lantern street parade, lion dance performance and fireworks.
* Street Bazaar
o Pagoda Street, Terrenganu Street, Sago Street and Chinatown Complex become pretty busy with
vendors selling mooncakes, savouries, lanterns and other festive wares.
o From Mon, 29 Aug 2011 to Mon, 12 Sep 2011.
o From 11am till late daily.
* Stage Shows
o A good mix of traditional and comtemporary entertainmnet at Kreta Ayer Square (near Buddha
Tooth Relic Temple).
o From Tue, 30 Aug 2011 to Mon, 12 Sep 2011.
o From 8-10pm nightly.
* Mass Lantern Procession
o From 7.30pm to 10pm on Sat, 10 Sep 2011.
o The procession starts at the open field near Outram MRT Station and loops around Eu Tong
Sen Street back to the heart of Chinatown. Join in with your own lanterns!
2. Lantern Festival @ Chinese Gardens
* Check out the huge lanterns over 8 hectares of the Chinese Gardens. This year's theme: The
World of Legends.
* Find also food stalls, carnival games and cultural performances.
* Nightly, 26 Aug - 18 Sep 2011.
* Tickets: $12 per adult, $8 per child (11 years and younger).